Report on Action Taken

Meeting and Item Title Decision of the Senate Responsible Functionary Status
2014-15/1st/6 To note the updated Constitution and to consider the action to be taken thereof. The Senate noted the updated Constitution. Further, the Senate noted that the appendices of the Constitution need to be rewritten. The Senate constituted a committee for this purpose. The committee shall also look into the various aspects of the SAC, the COSHA and the Festivals, and shall come up with the appendices for the same. Parliamentarian
Appendix B is itemised in the current meeting.
Action Pending
2014-15/2nd/14 To consider the attendance monitoring system of PG students and its effect on their fellowship. The Senate decided to refer the item to the PGSAC for consideration. Chairperson
Report from Mr. Abhishek Singh is awaited.
Action Pending
2014-15/1st (SPL)/10 To consider the problems during pre-registration. The Senate discussed the item in detail and decided the following: A request shall be sent to the Director that the process of time-tabling for the next semester be done earlier than it is done right now. Chairperson
Problems were solved with the new pre-registration model and after shifting to Pingala.
Action Complete
2014-15/2nd (SPL)/18 To consider the response of the Legal Cell regarding the issue of Entrepreneurship on campus. After consideration, it was agreed that a committee shall be formed to look into the possibility of supporting students who wish to engage in entrepreneurial activities in some form. The committee was dissolved vide the minutes of the 2015-16/3rd Meeting. President
An update from President, Students' Gymkhana is awaited in the matter. The President was directed to confirm the same from the legal cell.
Action Pending
2014-15/3rd (SPL)/11 To consider the proposed Festival Manual. The proposed Festival Manual was accepted by the Senate after a few changes. The Senate further directed the Chairperson to forward the Manual to the GFAC and Dean, Students’ Affairs for further discussion and consideration. Chairperson
The Festival Manual was discussed in the GFAC once and changes were suggested. Followups will be taken in the coming meetings.
Action Pending
2014-15/5th/16 To consider the student representation in the Institute Advisory Committee. The President, Students’ Gymkhana is, ex-officio, the only student member in the Institute Advisory Committee. The Senate discussed the proposal and agreed to expand the student representation in the IAC. Thus, the Senate decided that a request shall be sent by the President, Students’ Gymkhana to the Director & Chairman, IAC that the IAC be expanded and the Chairperson, Students’ Senate also be made a member of the IAC. President
IAC will now have 2 student representatives, one UG and one PG. The President, Students' Gymkhana will be one and the other will be nominated by the Students' Senate.
Action Complete
2014-15/4th (SPL)/9 To consider the proposal to expand the usage of mailing lists for official purposes by the Institute. The Senate accepted the proposal as presented. The Senate directed the Chairperson to compile a list of all bodies for which such a mailing list would be useful and decided that a letter shall be sent by the Chairperson to the Director requesting for this facility. Later, a committee was made to assist the Chairperson in the task. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2014-15/6th (SPL)/16 To re-consider the proposal to have a joint meeting of the Students’ Senate and the Faculty Forum. After discussion, the Senate decided the following: The proposal to have a joint meeting shall be dropped. Instead, a proposal to constitute a joint committee of 40 members (20 student members and 20 faculty members) to look into the issue of a lack of faculty-student interaction shall be sent by the Chairperson, Students’ Senate to the Convener, Faculty Forum. If the proposal is accepted by the Faculty Forum, the Students’ Senate shall discuss the opinion and stand of the students to be clarified before the meetings of the joint committee occur. The student members of the joint committee will be proposed by the Nominations Committee President
President was directed to follow-up on the matter.
Action Pending
2014-15/8th (SPL)/7 To consider the request by the President, Students’ Gymkhana regarding Academics in General Championship (GC). The Senate accepted the request and constituted a committee with the mandate of preparing the guidelines for evaluating Academics in GC. The re-constituted committee was directed to submit its report before the commencement of The General Championship (2015-16). Chairperson
General championship to continue with the current format until ARC presents a new mechanism. Reply from ARC is awaited.
Action Pending
2014-15/9th (SPL)/10 To consider the update on the proposal for a remedial programme for academically deficient students. The Senate discussed the proposal and accepted it as presented. Chairperson
The matter was discussed in the SUGC and is currently pending with the DoAA and Academic Senate.
Action Pending
2014-15/9th (SPL)/13 To consider the post-festival Finance Report of Udghosh'14. The Senate also directed the Finance Committee to cross-check the report against the bills submitted and present the report along with the discrepancies, if any. The Senate directed the Finance Convener to submit an update on the report before 28th March, 2016 vide the minutes of the 2015-16/9th Meeting. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2015-16/1st/15 To consider the issue pertaining to the selection process of Associate Deans. The Senate felt that the opinion of the students should be considered during the selection process of Associate Deans. It directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana to take up this issue with the Director & Patron, Students’ Gymkhana. President
The Senate was informed that a letter regarding the inclusion of students in the process of selecting Associate Deans had been moved by the outgoing team. President Students’ Gymkhana to follow-up on the matter.
Action Pending
2015-16/1st/21 To consider the proposal for an Intra-campus mini-bus service. The Senate felt the need for an Intra campus bus service and accepted the proposal in principle, deciding to constitute an ad-hoc committee to formulate the details of the proposal. The committee was constituted (vide Minutes of the 2015-16/1st Meeting) with the following members: Samyak Jain (Chair) Harpreet Singh Jitendra Katiyar Gautam Pratap Singh Abhimanyu Yadav The President, Students’ Gymkhana provided an update to the Senate in this regard in its 2015-16/2nd Meeting, after which it decided to dissolve the committee and directed the President to keep the Senate updated about the same. President
President Students Gymkhana to take this up with the MTUC
Action Pending
2015-16/1st (SPL)/18 To consider the post conduction report of General Championship. The Senate discussed the report and the recommendations, one of which to review the implementation of providing funds to the pools for the General Championship. After due deliberation, the Senate decided to refer this item to the COSHA to suggest any changes in the system. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2015-16/2nd/8 To consider the issue pertaining to the enforcement of anti-drug laws against the increasing use of Marijuana on campus. The Senate, keeping in mind the sensitivity of the issue decided the following: The Senate directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana to submit a request to the Security Cell of the institute to be more vigilant against drugs being brought into the campus. The Senate directed the Chairperson, Students’ Senate to request the Counselling Service to propagate the agenda against drug usage among the student community and provide appropriate counselling for the same The Senate further directed the President and the Chairperson to raise this issue with appropriate authorities of the Institute if any other preventive measures can be taken. Chairperson
President, Students' Gymkhana and Chairperson, Students' Senate discussed this with the Counselling Service and Security Section and this is being taken up actively.
Action Complete
2015-16/3rd/7 To consider the issue pertaining to PE/CPA. The Senate accepted the proposal in principle and has directed the UGSAC to further pursue the proposal. Chairperson
Update from the ARC on this is pending.
Action Pending
2015-16/3rd/21 To consider the proposal for a revision in the salary of Taekwondo Coach. The Senate decided that the Taekwondo Coach should also be hired on a contract basis just like other coaches. The Senate directed the General Secretary, Games and Sports Council to take this up with the institute authorities. President
The General Secretary, Games and Sports Council was directed by the Senate to take up the matter on a priority basis.
Action Pending
2015-16/4th/15 To consider the proposal for Gymkhana Hall of Fame Board. The President, Students’ Gymkhana was directed to update the records of the book present in the SAC that holds records of the recipients of the Gymkhana awards. President
-
Action Pending
2015-16/4th/18 To consider a change in the procedure of booking Lecture Halls for the activities conducted by the Students’ Gymkhana. Keeping in mind the nature of work involved, the Senate desired that the process of booking Lecture Halls be simplified and directed the Chairperson, Students’ Senate to take this matter up with the Dean, Students’ Affairs. Chairperson
This module has been made accessible to all on Pingala and some minor changes have to made for it to be utilized.
Action Pending
2015-16/5th/25 Questions and Remarks Mr. Ashish Aggarwal asked the Chairperson to write a letter to the Dean of Student Affairs about the issue pertaining to selective entry of students to particular buildings in the campus. President
Item dropped.
Action Complete
2015-16/3rd (SPL)/8 To consider the proposal regarding the end-term report submitted by the Finance Convener. The Senate directed the Rules and Procedures Committee to update the clauses to reflect the accepted proposal in the Constitution under the duties of the Finance Convener as well as the rules governing the Finances of the Students’ Gymkhana. Parliamentarian
The Senate accepted the proposal based on opinion from the Rules and Procedure Committee. A clause regarding the same shall be included in the Appendix B that is under preparation.
Action Pending
2015-16/8th/5 To consider a proposal regarding measures to improve the handling of the Finances of the Students' Gymkhana. The Senate accepted the proposal presented by the Chairperson and directed him on to make available a SG form related to this matter. Parliamentarian
RPC is directed to take up the matter. It shall be included in Appendix B which is currently being drafted. Update from the RPC is awaited.
Action Pending
2015-16/8th/17 To consider the revision of the SG forms The Senate, after discussion directed the incoming President, Mr. Ashutosh Ranka to look into the matter and make the necessary changes. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2015-16/7th (SPL)/15 Proposal to form a new standing council of the Senate: Council of Students for Departmental Affairs Senate constituted an ad-hoc committee to look into the matters like the extent of non-academic related matters of the department, the area where the student representatives are needed and its relation with DUGC/DPGC.The committee consists of: 1) Mr. Kunal Kapila, Senator, UG Y14 (Convener) 2) Mr. Abhimanyu Yadav, Senator, UG Y13 3) Mr. Aakarsh G, Senator, UG Y15 4) One PG member Chairperson
Senate constituted an ad-hoc committee to look into the matters like the extent of non-academic related matters of the department, the area where the student representatives are needed and its relation with DUGC/DPGC. A proposal in this regard is itemized in this meeting.
Action Pending
2016-17/1st/19 To consider an update on the post-conduction report of Udghosh '14 from the Finance Committee The Senate took the following decision on the recommendations presented by them: The deficit of ₹10,110 will be paid by the Head Finance, Mr. Shrey Verma. Before the post fest finance report, CoFA will match the expenditure heads against the accounts summary from the DoSA office. This was sent to the RPC to be incorporated in the Appendix B. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2016-17/1st (SPL)/8 To consider the End-Term Report Presentation of the General Secretary, Science and Technology (2015-16). The senate accepted the following: The proposal for Innovation Hub or a single dedicated infrastructure should be taken up in the next Institute Innovation Committee (IIC) meeting and forwarded to take necessary actions. The General Secretary was asked to discuss with the Dean, Students’ Affairs about the further expansion/recognition of Inter-IIT Tech Meet and give suggestions at the annual all IIT-Deans meeting. President
President students’ Gymkhana is directed to write a letter to the director in this regard.
Action Pending
2016-17/1st (SPL)/17 To consider a proposal to create an ARC implementation review committee. The Senate accepted the proposal and constituted the following ad-hoc committee to review ARC Implementation: Anurag Sahay Kunal Kapila Shubham Atreja Praveen Honhar Rutuj Jugade(Convener) Later, Mr. Ayushya was replaced with Mr. Rutuj as the Convener. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2016-17/1st (SPL)/18 To consider a proposal regarding the Gymkhana Blues Award The Senate agreed with the proposal in principle and decided to make a subcommittee for coming up with the new scheme for Gymkhana Blues Award, with the following members: Ayushya Agarwal (Convener) M Surya Prakash Vedant Goenka Praharsh Patel Himanshu Negi Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2016-17/1st (SPL)/26 To consider the post-conduction finance report of Antaragni '15 The Finance report was presented and there was a deficit of ~11, 50, 000 primarily due to rain, venue change and a miscalculation in open fest turnout. The report was deferred by the Senate. President
The President, Students' Gymkhana is directed to communicate the matter to the DoSA office and present the final report to the senate. Reply from the president students gymkhana is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/2nd (SPL)/11 To consider the report of the Committee constituted to recommend solutions for the financial deficit in Antaragni '15. Based on the committee’s recommendation, the Senate accepted certain changes in the current buffer mechanism and elsewhere. The Rules and Procedures Committee was asked to opine on the same. Parliamentarian
RPC was asked to take note of the matter. Reply from RPC is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/2nd (SPL)/21 To consider the issue pertaining to increase in fees as proposed by the IIT Council The Senate decided to address the issue in a special meeting after the end semester examinations. A subcommittee was formed to look into the technicalities and how the resolution be passed. President
Reply from the concerned functionaries is awaited. President Students’ Gymkhana to take it up with the Director.
Action Pending
2016-17/2nd/14 To consider the proposal for changes in the HSS Lottery System. The Senate accepted the proposal after changes. Chairperson
HSS DUGC Nominees to update the Senate on this.
Action Pending
2016-17/3rd/12 To consider the post conduction report of General Championship 2015-16 The Senate asked ARC to come up with a mechanism for the inclusion of Academics. The Senate asked CWC to come up with a mechanism for the inclusion of Green Opus. Chairperson
Chairperson to follow-up with the concerned Cells.
Action Pending
2016-17/3rd/16 To consider the pre-conduction report of General Championship 2016-17 The Senate accepted the pre-conduction report with certain changes. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2016-17/3rd/21 To consider a proposal to change the ratification procedure for Election Council members The Proposal was accepted with some changes. The same will go through the RPC. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2016-17/3rd/22 To consider a proposal for having a Male student representative in Women’s Cell In the discussion that followed, it was decided that a request be made for a special invitee to the ICC. The President Students’ Gymkhana will send a letter in this regard. President
-
Action Pending
2016-17/4th (SPL)/11 To consider a proposal for naming the Students' Lounge after Dr. Kalam The senate decided that the lounge should be named - “Dr. Kalam Students Lounge” and decided to forward the same to authorities for approval. President
President to take it up with the DoAA and update the senate. Reply from the president is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/4th (SPL)/12 To consider a proposal for an email id for the Academics and Research Cell The Senate discussed and concluded that permission to send mails directly to the students’ list won’t be granted to those mail ids. The Senate also recommended that the password of the account will only be with the Overall Coordinators of the cell. The Senate recommended that the work of choosing the mailing ids to be passed on the committee formed for the formation of the mailing list. The Senate accepted the report presented by Mr. Shivam Mishra, Overall Coordinator, ARC. Chairperson
Status of the developments made on the proposal.
Action Pending
2016-17/4th (SPL)/14 To consider a draft of the Appendix C to the Constitution (Constitution of the CoSHA ) The senate decided that it will be sent to the RPC and the quorum rules will be looked into. The senate recommended that RPC will opine into this issue. The senate recommended that the role of Incharge Hostel Affairs to be removed. Parliamentarian
Appendix C was accepted by the Senate in the 2017-18/6th Meeting of the Students' Senate.
Action Complete
2016-17/4th (SPL)/16 To consider the pre-conduction report of IITK MUN The Senate passed a recommendation to update the time for the opening ceremony to 6:30pm. The Senate also recommended that a sheet should be given to the participants clearly mentioning the rules they need to adhere. The Senate recommended that the names of the subcommittees to be mentioned in the report and the fee of Hall 12 should be mentioned in the report. The Senate recommended the term ‘Buffer’ should be renamed to ‘miscellaneous’. The Senate accepted the final report. Chairperson
The post conduction report is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/6th/9 To consider the reply of Festival Coordinators, Antaragni '16, to the show cause notice issued to them for not complying with MoU guidelines In their response, the Festival Coordinators of Antaragni ’16 clarified that some companies tend to delay signing the MoU till the eleventh hour, leading to such issues. The Senate raised doubts about the repeated breaking of the deadline by the festivals, but nevertheless accepted the response. The Senate also decided to ask the opinion of the Rules and Procedures Committee for any possible modification in this rule so as to ease the work of the festivals. Parliamentarian
An opinion from RPC is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/6th/13 To consider an updated proposal for sponsorship in Students' Gymkhana. The President, Students’ Gymkhana presented the report for the consideration of the Senate. The senate raised some concerns regarding the proposal which was clarified by President, Student’s Gymkhana. The senate raised doubts on the extra money which would be left after at the end of a year. The senate decided to make a subcommittee with the following members Vipul, Rutuj and Ashutosh. Ashutosh will be the convener for the sub-committee. The committee is mandated to go through the proposal and make suitable changes. Chairperson
The proposal has been accepted superficially as further guidelines will be required.
Action Pending
2016-17/7th/12 To consider a proposal regarding first aid boxes. The senate pointed out that the HEC is not responsible to implement the same as they were unable to do that in the Hall Office. The senate directed the president to discuss the issue with the hall presidents in the upcoming COSHA meeting and deliberate upon the implementation issues. Chairperson
Pranshu Garg (Senator BT-BS Y15) to follow up on the issue.
Action Pending
2016-17/7th/20 To consider the report of the committee constituted regarding poor voter-turnout in Gymkhana Elections The following decisions were taken upon the recommendations were given by the EC: The members for the publicity to be taken care of in the precondition. The EC recommended to send all election mails through the DoSA. The EC recommended that the CEO should have the discretion for taking relevant decisions on the time duration between the Call for nomination and the Code of Conduct. The EC also recommended that the HEC members should barred from campaigning in their own halls. Many other recommendations were proposed regarding the functioning of HEC were accepted by the senate. Recommendations related to the resources required were presented which included a section for monetary funding which was not accepted. It was decided to that the EC should go ahead with the use of SSF. A proposal related to the use of voting machines was also presented to which the president decided to take this idea to the CC head for further deliberations. The report was accepted with the recommended changes Chairperson
The chairperson is to direct the required functionaries on this regard.
Action Pending
2016-17/7th/23 Questions and Remarks, if any A senator asked for an update on the mail to the Board of Directors about the functioning of the Dean of Student’s Affairs. The senate answered that it was supposed to be sent on the following weekend and was delayed due to some student activities. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2016-17/5th (SPL)/10 To consider a proposal for combining the courses TA201A and TA202A The Senate requested the proposer, Mr. Rutuj Jugade, to find the reasons why TA201A & TA202A was split in first place. The Senate asked the Chairperson and Mr. Rutuj to come up with a revised proposal. Chairperson
Academics and Research Cell to take up the matter of drafting the proposal and giving an update to the Senate. Update is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/8th/11 To consider the Mid-Term report of General Secretary, Films and Media. A letter be moved from the Students’ Senate to Head, CC for allocating a person who will be responsible for maintaining the students’ server and gymkhana website. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2016-17/8th/13 To consider the Mid-Term report of General Secretary, Science and Technology The General Secretary, Science and Technology was asked to come up with a proposal to the senate about the proposal of a technological park in the campus, a centralized place for all council activities where all the clubs can work together in collaboration. It should also include a proper space to preserve the projects, serving as a hall of fame having the projects at display. • The Senate asked the General Secretary, Cultural to come up with a proposal towards the waiver of charges of LHC for Student’s Gymkhana. • The General Secretary, Science and Technology was asked to come up with more proposals to gather more funds. President
A separate proposal is needed to be sent to the DOAA for waivers for LHC booking.
Action Pending
2016-17/8th/15 To consider a proposal for Health Insurance of IITK students. The President Students’ Gymkhana presented the report for the consideration fo the Senate. Concern were raised that due to the kind of deal which the Gymkhana is trying to crack, the Gymkhana can get a huge bargain. It was pointed out that the proposal was received from Apollo Munich Health Insurance. Clarification was sought regarding the 18-year condition. It was decided that a sub-committee will be formed to look into the specifics. The members of the committee are: • Manjeer Manjumdar • Pratyush Rai • Garima Bawa (14971) • Amit Ranjan (14087) • President Students’ Gymkhana • Chairperson, Students’ Senate President
President to update the senate on the current status of the proposal. Reply from the President is awaited.
Action Complete
2016-17/8th/21 To consider a proposal to introduce a Driving School Mr. Karan Kashyap presented the proposal for the consideration of the Senate. The Senate accepted the proposal in principle and instructed Karan to come up with an implementation of the same. President
Mr. Pence Mataria to re-draft the proposal for a driving school. Update is awaited.
Action Pending
2016-17/9th/2 Announcements and Remarks, if any The Chairperson, Students’ Senate informed the Senate that an alumnus’ company, HireInk, was preparing a hiring portal for the Gymkhana, which shall be helpful during the filing of nominations. The company shall also be creating a static website for the Gymkhana. President
Portal has been completed by P-Club. Has yet to be deployed on Gymkhana Server.
Action Pending
2016-17/9th/12 To consider the post-conduction report of General Elections ‘17 The first recommendation about the year-long publicity of the Students’ Gymkhana, Senate and Elections was accepted. The Senate noted that it needs a tie-breaker mechanism for the Executive Elections and the current system of three preferences for Senator Elections need an amendment. It was also pointed out that the elections should be held for all the candidates, irrespective of the fact that whether they filed nominations or re-nominations. These matters were forwarded to the RPC. Parliamentarian
Still await concrete steps in the same regard (publicity of gymkhana). Update awaited from RPC
Action Pending
2016-17/9th/18 To consider a proposal regarding assignment of X grades in Research Thesis Units for Ph.D. Scholars The proposer raised her concern on a serious issue faced by many PhD scholars, where the guide has granted ‘X’ grades to their students because of their involvement in the protest against the Health Centre. The Chairperson, Students’ Senate suggested all to approach Ombudsperson during such conflicts, on which a general body member expressed his worries that the matter may at last come back to the PhD supervisor and the plaintiff might face more problems. It was also decided that many students are unaware of the Ombudsperson and its duties therefore information has to be sent to all the students stating the same. The Chairperson, Students’ Senate also informed all the members present about the Doctoral Advisory Committee and its duties. Senate recognized that the committee is not functioning as it should and agreed upon the fact that this issue should be raised on higher level. Senate suggested that PhD students should give a proposal themselves as other program students may not be aware with the exact problem. The Senate decided to constitute a sub- committee with a mandate to come up with solutions to issues between the supervisor and the PhD scholars. Following members were appointed to the committee by the Senate: Garima Bawa (Convener) Aditya S. Desai Manjeer Majumdar President, Students’ Gymkhana Richeek Awasthi Sumantran Ray Chairperson
After the HC incident, committee were constituted by the Academic Senate and follow-up will be taken from the Students' Senate nominees in these committees and further course of action will be decided.
Action Pending
2016-17/9th/21 To consider the pre-conduction report of Galaxy '17 The General Secretary, Cultural presented the report for the consideration of the Senate. Multiple inconsistencies were pointed out and changes to the report were accepted. Hall-4 will be kept open and Hall-2’s points would be extrapolated for Galaxy. In lieu of the finances involved, an upper cap for the size of parade structures was accepted. The point structure was accordingly changed to exclude points for the budget section. The Senate accepted the report with the above caveats. The final report shall be confirmed over the mailing list. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2016-17/9th/27 Questions and Remarks, if any The following two questions were raised during the meeting: The Chairperson, Students’ Senate asked the opinion of the Senate on the requirement of By-Elections, as there were two Executive posts that were vacant after the General Elections and it would be difficult for the next Senate to manage the duties and functions pertaining to those posts. The Senate agreed for the By-Elections and suggested a period of 13th February to 20th February to conduct it and asked the Chief Election Officer, Students’ Gymkhana to present the Pre-conduction Report in the next Senate meeting. Vipul Garg, Senator BT/BS-MT/MS/MBA Y12 raised some apprehensions on the eligibility criteria for the Acting office-bearers. After some discussion, the Rules and Procedures Committee was directed to outline the criteria for the same. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2016-17/6th (SPL)/19 To re-consider the proposal for a review of the Students’ Gymkhana The Senate re-considered the item as was presented in its previous meeting. The Senate decided to constitute a Gymkhana Review Committee (GRC) with the following members as proposed: • Vipul Garg (Convener) • Karthik S.S. Korada • Ayushya Agarwal Rutuj Jugade • Mayank Jain It was further proposed to the Senate that the GRC look into matters like the merger of Films & Media and Cultural Councils, the operating hierarchy in various executive bodies and such. The committee was also directed to seek help from whichever functionaries it deemed necessary to carry out its review. Chairperson
The senate re-constituted the committee with the following members: Ayushya Agarwal (convener) Aayush Pathak, Siddhant Naik Pratyush Rai Nikhil Srivastava
Action Pending
2017-18/1st/8 To consider the report of the sub-committee formed to look into the Gymkhana Blues and other awards The Senate unanimously accepted that the Gymkhana Blues award should not be awarded just after the major tenure of the person in consideration. The Senate voted on four options for the same and the vote was in favour of option where the candidates being considered should be at least 1 year and at most 2 years after the said major tenure and that this change should not be applicable for the awards being given this year. The Rules and Procedures Committee is directed to come up with the required changes in the constitution. Parliamentarian
Implemented and added to the Appendix G in the 2017-18/6th Meeting.
Action Complete
2017-18/1st/26 To discuss the issues with the working of the Student Placement Office Various Issues regarding the working of the Students Placements Office were Discussed. The Senate formed an ad-hoc sub-committee: The composition of the committee is as follows: ● Tony John (Senator, BT-BS Y14) (Convener) ● Pranshu Garg (Senator, BT-BS Y15) ● Richeek Awasthi (Senator, BT-BS Y16) ● K. Kishore Kumar (Senator, PhD Y15) ● Chalumuri Sivananda (Senator, MTech Y16) President, Students' Gymkhana was directed to take necessary action on the following points: ● To find out the how the Rs. 1000 which are collected during the registration for placements used ● To look for ways to increase the accountability of OPCs and DPCs ● To consider the possibility of having a professional team along with the Student team of SPO to assist the Student team in calling. Chairperson
Report will be presented in the Meeting
Action Pending
2017-18/1st (Spl)/8 To consider a proposal to dissolve the General Affairs Council and reform the President's Office The Senate accepted the proposal in principle and forwarded to the Rules and Procedures Committee for changes in the constitution. Parliamentarian
Action Pending. RPC has to make constitutional changes.
Action Pending
2017-18/1st (Spl)/15 To consider the action to be taken in regard to the recent misconduct inside the Senate Hall The Senate deliberated on the issue and the various courses of actions it might take against the people involved. After due deliberations, the Senate finally decided to ask for a letter of apology, a fine of Rs. 200 and a new lock for the Senate Hall from Mr. Ryan Pal. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/13 To consider the proposal to set-up a research portal for all the research scholars of IIT Kanpur Research Wing, Academic and Research Cell (ARC) was handed over the responsibility of the implementation of the task. Chairperson
Reply from the Academics and Research Cell is awaited in this regard.
Action Pending
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/14 To consider the interim report(s) of the Gymkhana Review Committee The changes in the interim report were accepted as presented. The proposal to restructure the Academic and research Cell and the Interim Report were accepted with minor changes and the Rules and Procedures Committee was directed to make required changes in the constitution Parliamentarian
The changes in the interim report were accepted as presented. The proposal to restructure the Academic and research Cell and the Interim Report were accepted with minor changes and the Rules and Procedures Committee was directed to make required changes in the constitution
Action Pending
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/16 To consider the report of the sub-committee formed to look into the issue of Pool Funding The report submitted by the sub committee was rejected after due deliberations. It was decided that that pools will not be provided with funding for General Championship events, from the Gymkhana Budget. The Senate re-constituted the above mentioned sub-committee to : ● Amit Ranjan (convener) (General Body Member) ● Ayushya Agarwal (General Body Member) ● Siddhant Naik (Parliamentarian Students’ Senate) ● Rutuj Jugade (President, Students’ Gymkhana) The sub-committee was mandated to look into the problem of extravagant expenditure by the pools on General Championship events and improve transparency in hall related finances. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/18 To consider the post-conduction report of Gymkhana By-Elections ‘17 The report was accepted as presented. Under the head of Recommendations in the above report, the first and second recommendations were accepted in principle by the Senate and the third recommendation was passed to a sub-committee (refer Item No.19 for the constitution of the sub-committee) to discuss the possible ways in which it can be incorporated. Chairperson
To be presented in this meeting.
Action Pending
2017-18/1st (Spl)/19 To consider the proposal for an E-Voting Mechanism The Senate formed a sub committee mandated to deliberate upon the possibility of incorporating a new software into the Election System and making it accessible outside the polling booth or not. The Constitution of the sub-committee is as follows: ● Saksham Sharma (Convener) (General Body Member) ● Vedant Goenka (Chairperson, Students’ Senate 2016-17) ● Ayush Pathak (Chief Election Officer, Election Commision 2016-17) ● Richeek Awasthi (Senator, BT-BS Y16) ● Aayushi Bansal (Senator, BT-BS Y16) ● M. Suryaprakash (General Body Member) ● Pratyush Rai (Senator, BT-BS Y15) Chairperson
To be presented in the meeting.
Action Pending
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/20 To consider the proposal for changes in HEC elections. The proposal has been accepted as presented. The Senate directed the CEO (2016-17) to present the revised guidelines. Chairperson
Mr. Mayank Chauhan, CEO’18-19 to take up the matter. Update is awaited.
Action Pending
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/23 To note the minutes of the 2017-18/1st and 2017-18/2nd RPC Meeting. The Senate directed the Rules and Procedures Committee to incorporate the following changes in the presented minutes: Structure of President’s Office should remain and the General Affairs Council be dissolved. The Senate accepted the minutes with the proposed changes and directed the Rules and Procedures Committee to come up with the changes required in the constitution. Parliamentarian
Reply from the RPC is awaited. Action Pending.
Action Pending
2017-18/2 (Spl)/36 To take cognisance of the financial status of Antaragni '16 and to consider the action to be taken thereof Head Finance, Antaragni’ 16 presented the finance Report of Antaragni 16. The Head Finance was enquired about the amount remaining to be transferred and was directed to see to it that the bills are cleared by May 15th 2017. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/31 A Senator remarked about the lack of space for studying at night as places like RM, KD are not accessible to non-CSE students as of now. The Chairperson Students' Senate assured the Senate of taking the matter up with the Head CSE. President
The President, Students’ Gymkhana volunteered to take up the matter with the Head CSE again. Update is awaited.
Action Pending
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/31 The President Students’ Gymkhana remarked that there has been a gradual increase of dissatisfaction towards the institute amongst the Alumni due to the decline of administrative contributions in the students’ and Alumni’s lives. The Senate decided to form a sub-committee to mandated to look into the contribution of the institute’s administration in students’ and Alumni’s lives. The constitution of the sub-committee is as follows: ●Pratyush Rai (convener) (Senator, BT-BS Y15) ● Pranshu Garg (Senator, BT-BS Y15) ● Siddhant Naik (Parliamentarian Students’ Senate) ● Pranav Sao (Senator, BT-BS Y15) ● Aditya Desai (Senator, PhD Y14+) Chairperson
The Gymkhana Review Committee will look into the issue and come up with its report. Update is awaited.
Action Pending
2017-18/2nd (Spl)/37 A Senator remarked that entry to students into the halls of residences is being restricted and no entry is being allowed without ID cards. However no e-mail regarding such an official order was sent. The Chairperson Students' Senate informed the Senate that the measure has been taken as a temporary solution to the various cases of thefts reported. Possible long term solutions are being discussed with the concerned authorities Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd/21 To discuss the installation of a solar plant at campus The Senate, after due deliberations, directed the Convener, CoSHA and President, Students’ Gymkhana to contact the relevant authorities of the institute to take this issue forward. President
Updates will be taken from President
Action Pending
2017-18/3rd/23 To discuss the idea of having electricity meters in all hostel rooms The Senate, after due deliberations, concluded that the idea of individual electricity meters in all hostel rooms is not feasible. Further, the Senate directed the CoSHA to explore alternatives to resolve the issue. President
-
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd/25 To consider the proposal to form a new finance related hobby group. After due deliberations, the proposal was accepted by the Senate with the above change. The Senate further directed Mr. Anish Lamba to explore possibilities of collaborations with the newly formed Business wing of the E-Cell in the future. The Senate also changed the association of the Hobby group from the Science and Technology Council to the President’s Office. The Senate directed the Rules and Procedures Committee to come up with the required changes in the constitution. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd/26 To discuss the issues related to the internship process for MSc students of Y17. The Senate directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana to assist Mr. S.Vishal to take up the issue with the Overall Placement Coordinators, Students’ Placement Office in order to come up with short term solutions in order to minimize the losses to the current batch and long term solutions so that such issues do not recur in future. President
-
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd/29 To consider the proposal of having student representatives in the Internal Complaints Committee & Sexual harassment committee The proposal was accepted in principle and the Senate decided to take it up with the concerned institute authorities. The Senate recommended two student members (preferably one female and one male member) be included in both the Internal Complaints Committee & Sexual harassment committee. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2017-18/3rd/30 To consider the proposal for formation of a sub-committee for core course review. The Senate constituted a sub-committee mandated to review the Core Courses of the institute focusing on the following: ● Suggest possible changes, additions and removals in the present course content ● Method of teaching (such as using MOOCs, etc) ● Method of evaluation Chairperson
The Senate re-constituted the committee into 2 separate committees dedicated to UG and PG issues respectively : UG : 1. Rahul Sethi, Senator BT/BS Y16 2. Navanya Sharma, Senator BT/BS Y16 PG: 1. Narayan Mishra, Senator, M-Tech Y17 2. Deepak Singh Attri, Senator, M-Tech Y17
Action Pending
2017-18/3rd/32 To consider the following items related to the newly opened Students’ Lounge: i. Suggestions for name ii. Collecting feedback The Senate, after due deliberations decided that the Students’ Lounge be named as Students’ Lounge’ 89 to mark the contribution of The Batch of 89 to the construction of the lounge. The Senate, while collected feedback about the lounge from Senators, decided that there is a need to collect more input from the student community before deciding to take action. The Senate thus constituted a sub-committee mandated to collect input from the student community and suggest changes, if any. The constitution of the sub-committee was as follows: ● Mr. Karthik (General Body Member) ● Ms. Manjeer Majumdar (PG-Girl Representative) (Convener) ● Mr. Richeek Awasthi (Senator BT/BS Y16) Chairperson
Ms. Maitreyee Srivastava presented the report on the behalf of Ms. Manjeer Majumdar for the consideration of the Senate. The Senate accepted the report along with the recommendations in principle. The Senate directed the Chairperson, Students’ Senate and President, Students’ Gymkhana to formulate the required guidelines so as to prevent misuse of the rooms and take this forward with the DoAA. The report has been presented to the DoAA and negotiations are ongoing.
Action Pending
2017-18/3rd/33 To consider the proposal to revise the criteria for termination of Double Major program. The Senate, after due deliberations accepted the proposal and directed the Students’ Senate nominees to the SUGC to take this up with the SUGC. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd/34 Questions and Remarks, if any The General Secretary, Media and Culture remarked that the Students’ Senate website has not been updated yet even after pointing out the same in the previous meeting of the Students’ Senate. The Chairperson, Students’ Senate replied that the the details of the elected members has been updated as per the amount of information provided by the members. The various ratification lists will soon be uploaded on the website along with the revised Gymkhana Budget and Calendar. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd (Spl)/11 To consider the revised SG forms. The Senate, after due deliberations, accepted the revised SG forms in principle. The Senate decided that the Conveyance Form will not be put into practice until the budget heads for travel were finalised. Parliamentarian
-
Action Pending
2017-18/3rd (Spl)/16 To take cognizance of the issues faced by the students with the institute security and decide the action to be taken thereof The Senate after due deliberations constituted a Sub-Committee mandated to compile various incidents experienced by the students, identify the instances of high-handedness in those incidents and give recommendations on the various measures the Students' Senate should take so that such incidents do not recur. The sub-committee is directed to submit the report by the next meeting of the Students’ Senate. The constitution of the Sub-Committee is as follows: ● Mr. Kunal Kapila (Chairperson, Students’ Senate) ● Mr. Rutuj Jugade (President, Students’ Gymkhana) ● Mr. Aditya Desai (Senator PhD Y14+) ● Ms. Manjeer Majumdar (PG Girls’ Representative) ● Mr. Ayush Pathak (General Body Member) (Convener) ● Mr. Richeek Awasthi (Senator BT/BS Y16) ● Mr. Beno Jacob (General Body Member) The Senate further decided to discuss the events that transpired in L19 on 30th August, 2017. After due deliberations, the Senate decided to draft a resolution regarding the incident and decided that the text of the resolution will be presented on the mailing list. Chairperson
The Senate took cognizance of the fact that the Security Section has not been following the guidelines mentioned in the current SOP. The Senate after due deliberations accepted the following recommendations: ● A hard copy of the revised SOP be kept at the SIS guards outpost of every hall and also be uploaded at the institute website and all the changes/updates be duly informed through an appropriate channel before it is implemented. Any changes, if required, should be made following due consultative process. ● A student who is not carrying his/her ID card should be able to use the office automation data (in any form, for example App, website, etc) as proof and entry be allowed on its basis. ● The Senate decided that there should be a proper investigation for the cases pertaining to the abuse of power by Prof. Deepu Philip. ● In order to improve the behavior of the SIS guards with the community members, the Senate recommends having periodic sensitization sessions for SIS guards, esp. on how to deal with female members of the campus community. ● A female assistant security officer (ASO) should be appointed to deal with issues related to girls. Any checks in the Girls Hostel should be carried out by female security personnel only.
Action Pending
2017-18/3rd (Spl)/19 To discuss the issues related to the conduction of pre-fest events of Udghosh’17 After due deliberations, the Senate directed Mr. Nitin Sangwan (Festival Coordinator, Udghosh 2017) to send a public apology to the campus community on behalf of the Udghosh Team. The Senate constituted a sub-committee mandated to suggest changes in festival procedures so that and such incidents do not recur. The constitution of the sub-committee is as follows: ● Abhay Kumar Mishra (Senator BT/BS Y16) (Convener) ● Anvesh Jadon (General Secretary, Science and Technology) ● Swapnil Kumar (General Secretary, Media and Culture Affairs) ● Kunal Kapila (Chairperson, Students’ Senate) ● Rutuj Jugade (President, Students’ Gymkhana) The committee was directed to submit their report in the next meeting of the Senate. Chairperson
In the 2017-18/4th (Spl) Meeting, Mr. Abhay Kumar Mishra presented the report of the committee for the consideration of the Senate. After due deliberations, the Senate accepted the recommendations of the committee.
Action Complete
2017-18/3rd (Spl)/20 To collect feedback on the convocation dress of the 50th Convocation The Senate considered this issue and after due deliberations, decided to constitute a subcommittee with the mandate to take feedback from various stakeholders. They were also mandated to look into the other problems faced during the conduction of the Convocation. The constitution of the sub committee is as follows: ● Mr. Ayush Pathak (General Body Member) ● Ms. Riya Talati (General Body Member) (Convener) ● Mr. Kunal Kapila (Chairperson, Students’ Senate) The Senate directed the committee to submit their report by November. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th/9 To consider the updates in the Health Insurance Policy The Senate, after due deliberations, accepted the proposed changes to Health Insurance Scheme. Further, the Senate directed the President’s nominee to the HCUC along with the Chairperson Students’ Senate and the President Students’ Gymkhana to take the issue forward with the concerned institute authorities. President
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th/11 To consider the updates in the Cycle Pool proposal The Senate opined that if the institute is allowing multiple companies, then the number of companies should be capped to avoid overcrowding of cycles in campus.The Senate directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana to take it up with the DoIP for fast implementation. President
The Dean of Infrastructure and Planning has asked for a revised proposal. President, Students’ Gymkhana to take up the matter on a priority. Update is awaited.
Action Pending
2017-18/4th/12 To consider the proposal related to the changes in the application procedure for double major program. The Senate took cognizance of the fact the double major programme may be completed in the stipulated time (10 semesters) even if the student gets admitted into the programme from 5th semester onwards. The Senate further opined that the 4th semester may be too early for students to decide whether they wish to pursue another major. Thus, the Senate in principle accepted the idea of allowing entry into the double major programme beyond the 4th semester provided that the student satisfies the required eligibility criteria of the double major programme and can complete the programme in the stipulated time. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th/13 To consider the proposal regarding formation of a new hobby group related to Social Science, History, Economics and Geo-political events The Senate accepted the proposal in principle and decided that the new Hobby Group be formed under the Media and Culture Council. The Senate authorized the Chairperson to decide a new name for the hobby group and notify the Senate about the same. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th/18 To consider the proposal for inclusion of prizes for Inter IIT Tech Meet and Inter IIT Cult Meet The Senate accepted the proposal in principle and directed the Students’ Senate Nominees to the SSPC to take the proposal forward in the SSPC. Chairperson
Proposal has been accepted in the SSPC and is pending in the Academic Senate. -
Action Pending
2017-18/4th/20 To consider the proposal of a mission and vision document for the Student’s Gymkhana After due deliberations, the Senate decided to constitute a sub-committee to prepare this document. The constitution of the sub-committee is as follows: ● Ms Maitreyee Srivastava (Senator BT/BS Y17) ● Mr Pranshu Garg (Senator BT/BS Y15) (convener) ● Mr Karandeep Sharma (Senator, BT/BS-MT/MS/MBA Y13) Chairperson
The Students’ Senate re-constituted the sub-committee for the same : 1. Sudhendu Ahir, Finance Convener 2. Aayushi Bansal, Senator BT/BS Y16 3. Nikunj Kothari, Senator BT/BS Y17
Action Pending
2017-18/4th (Spl)/4 To ratify the decisions taken over the mailing list The Senate in principle agreed that the time spent on festival reports in the Senate could be reduced if the reports, along with the minutes of the CoFA meeting where they were to be discussed before being admitted in the Senate, be circulated to the Senate mailing list well in advance of the actual meeting. In this way, the Senators will get more time to review the reports. The Senate decided to refer this to the Joint CoFA before finalizing it. President
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th (Spl)/6 To consider the proposal (by the SUGC) regarding inclusion of the credits of courses for which an instructor de-registers a student in the 44 credit limit for dropping of courses The Senate in principle expressed disapproval for the presented proposal. The Senate also agreed that the limit should be removed or increased as the current policy places a huge academic restriction on the students. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th (Spl)/12 To discuss the financial misconduct by the Taekwondo Club After due deliberations, the Senate decide to constitute two committees to look into these issues. The committee with the mandate to look into the financial misconduct of Taekwondo club, was constituted with the following members: ● Mr Nikhil Srivastava (General Secretary, Games and Sports) ● Mr Subham Das (Finance Convener, Students’ Senate) (Convener) ● Ms Maitreyee Srivastava (Senator BT-BS Y17) The committee with the mandate to look into procedures to be followed when conducting events in coordination with outside organization. ● Swapnil Kumar (General Secretary, Media and Culture) (Convener) ● Pranshu Garg (Senator BT/BS Y15) ● Anvesh Jadon (General Secretary, Science and Technology) Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th (Spl)/17 Questions and Remarks The CoSHA Convener remarked that there is currently no HEC in Hall of Residence 2 which has led to various problems in messing. The Senate suggested that the CoSHA Convener takes charge of the hall, and call nominations inside the hall for forming a committee to assist him in hall related issues . The Senate also decided to forward the request of the CoSHA convener for nominating a new HEC to the Warden of Hall of Residence 2. President
-
Action Complete
2017-18/4th (Spl)/19 Questions and Remarks A senator enquired about the steady decline of IIT Kanpur’s national and international rankings. The Overall Coordinator, ARC clarified that wrong and outdated data is being sent to the MHRD which is resulting in the below par ranks. The Senate directed the Overall Coordinator, ARC to look into the matter and revert back to the Senate. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2017-18/4th (Spl)/23 To consider the Foreign Internship Form (to be filled by the students pursuing internships in foreign universities) The Senate accepted the form with a few changes and directed the Chairperson, Students’ Senate to work with the International Relations Office for its implementation. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/5th/7 To consider the Mid Term Report of General Secretary, Science and Technology After due deliberations, the Senate accepted the report (apart from the recommendations) as presented. For recommendation 1 and recommendation 4, the Senate directed the General Secretary, Science and Technology to explore ways of external funding (sponsorship as well as DoRA/DoRD). For recommendation 2 and recommendation 3, the Senate directed the General Secretary, Science and Technology to look for spaces available in campus and bring a proper proposal, as well as try to utilize the recently allocated rooms in Hall 12 and Hall 13 optimally. While considering recommendation 5, it was pointed out that such facilities already exist in Lecture Halls and the Council may explore them in the future. President
-
Action Complete
2017-18/5th/8 To consider the Mid Term Report of President, Students’ Gymkhana After due deliberations, the Senate accepted the report (apart from the recommendations) as presented. The Senate observed that recommendations 2 and 4 have already been itemized as separate agendas in this meeting, so the Senate decided to discuss these recommendations along with those items. For recommendation 1, the Senate directed the President and the Convener CoSHA to take it up in the CoSHA for further deliberation and bring back concrete recommendations to the Senate. The Senate accepted recommendation 3 in principle. President
-
Action Pending
2017-18/5th/20 To consider the proposal for a framework for dealing with substance abuse After due deliberations, the Senate accepted the proposal with these additions and directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana and the Chairperson, Students’ Senate to take this proposal up with the Institute functionaries including, but not limited to the Institute Advisory Committee (IAC). Chairperson
The Senate was informed that the proposal needs revision. The Chairperson Students’ Senate was directed to take up the matter.
Action Pending
2017-18/5th/21 To consider the proposed changes to the proposal for remodelling of APEC/SUGC/SPGC After due deliberations, the Senate accepted the proposal and directed the Chairperson to take this proposal up with the relevant Institute authorities. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2017-18/5th/22 To consider the proposal for a Gymkhana Award for Faculty The Senate accepted the proposal with these changes and forwarded it to the Rules and Procedures Committee for necessary changes in the Constitution/Appendices. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2017-18/5th/24 To consider the proposal for changes in the work of Head, Corporate Relations, E-Cell. After due deliberations, the Senate accepted the changes and forwarded the same to the Rules and Procedures Committee for necessary changes in the Constitution/Appendices. Parliamentarian
-
Action Complete
2017-18/5th/25 To take cognizance of the issue of imposing fines on students by the SIP Wing of E-Cell without prior approval of the competent authority The Senate directed the Head SIP and Overall Coordinators of E-Cell to submit a written apology addressed it to the Chairperson, Students’ Senate. Further, the Senate informed the Overall Coordinators of E-Cell that in case they wish to have a different defaulter policy, they should bring a fresh proposal to the Senate with the proposed policy. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2017-18/5th/29 To consider the proposal regarding minors program The Senate accepted the proposal in principle and directed the Students’ Senate Nominees to the SUGC to take up this proposal with the institute relevant authorities. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/1st/12 To consider the proposal to increase the maximum number of convocation awardees for awards related to student activities. The proposal was accepted by the Senate, and the nominees to the SSPC were directed to take up the issue there. Chairperson
The item has accepted in principle by the SSPC
Action Complete
2018-19/1st/15 To consider the proposal for a modified structure of the General Championship (2018-19). A sub-committee was formed to address the flaws in the accepted model and to come up with ways in which students could be motivated to participate in the General Championship. The members of the sub-committee were - 1. Mayank Chauhan 2. Siddharth Deep Srivastava 3. Abhishek Singh 4. Nikunj Kothari 5. Faizan Siddiqui 6. Rishabh Agarwal 7. Prakhar Ji Gupta 8. Maitreyee Srivastava 9. Deepak Singh Atri 10. Panchajanya Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2018-19/1st/18 Proposal for an Academic Improvement Award The proposer was asked to come up with a definite mathematical formula to define the thresholds of improvement, and the Senate passed the proposal with the caveat that the proposer will share the thresholds on the mailing list. Chairperson
The item has been accepted in principle by the SSPC and is currently pending in the Academic Senate.
Action Pending
2018-19/1st/22 Questions and Remarks: A question was raised on the how the biometric data of students was being stored and the individuals that had access to it. The Chairperson, Students’ Senate was directed to look into the issue and take it up with the Dean of Academic Affairs. Chairperson
The DOAA has been informed of the concerns and is undertaking steps to ensure that the data is secure.
Action Pending
2018-19/1st/21 To consider for discussion - the opinion of students on the shifting of Dhobi Ghat The Senate directed the President to take the following points as the formal opinion of the students on the issue: ● The current washing machine facilities are not enough to allow usage by all students and thus the Dhobis should be allowed to stay till the time that such facilities are constructed. Further, the students find the services of the Dhobis convenient and would prefer their services to that of a washing machine ● Till the residential space outside the campus being allocated for the Dhobis is confirmed they should be allowed to continue in the current lodgings. Further, when/if they are given residence outside campus, they should be provided with entry passes. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/1st (Spl)/4 To consider the issue of the PG Girls Representative of the Senate The Senate decided to empower the Chairperson to hold elections for the PG Girl’s representative after the end-semester exams since the upcoming week was a blackout period the election commission had not been formed. Chairperson
-
Action Complete
2018-19/1st (Spl)/29 Questions and Remarks: ● It was raised that the academic area second gate(besides the main gate) should be opened due to a large number of cycles and traffic during peak time. The President, Students’ Gymkhana was asked to take it up with the relevant authorities. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd/2 Announcements, Remarks and Questions: The General Secretary, Science and Technology pointed out the section 5.04 of a previous version of the constitution (passed in the 9th meeting, 2012-13) states that maximum no. of clubs in a council must be 6. He further stated that the same has been removed from the Constitution now and questioned the reasons behind it. The Parliamentarian stated that he was not able to find the reasons in the minutes of the meetings of the Rules and Procedures Committee and thus would clarify the same with the Parliamentarian, in whose tenure the change was made and get back to the Students’ Senate. Parliamentarian
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd/2 Announcements, Remarks and Questions: It was pointed out by a General Body Member that in Section 5.7 of the PG Manual, it is not clear that whether a student who has submitted their thesis needs to mark their attendance or not. The Students’ Senate directed the SPGC nominees to raise this issue in the next SPGC meeting. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/4 To consider the reply of Head, Events, Techkriti’18 to the show cause notice issued against him. The Senate discussed the issue and concluded that the Head, Events responsible for the distribution of the money was at fault and he was reprimanded for the same. The Senate directed the Techkriti’18 team to fulfil the commitments to the participant within a 14-day deadline. Chairperson
The money has not been released yet and clearance is pending in the DOSA office
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/11 To consider the Handbook of various Position of Responsibility. The proposer was directed to make changes where irregularities were observed and present the updated document to the Senate. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/12 To consider the proposal for having a concise version of the UG Manual The Senate asked the proposer to reduce the size and present the updated document. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/15 To consider a proposal on framing Internship Process Guidelines and defining the work of the Overall Placement Coordinators Several questions were raised and the Senate accepted the document with the caveat that the suggested changes shall be incorporated. The President, Students’ Gymkhana was directed to take up the same in the Student Placement Committee President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/16 To consider a proposal regarding attire change in Placement PPTs The Senate agreed with the need to change the attire with time, however concerns were raised that the attire should not become too casual. With this caveat, the Senate directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana to take up the same in the Student Placement Committee. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/17 To consider a proposal for expanding the purview of the SIP There were concerns raised on the lack of a proper defaulter policy of SIP and its need to prevent misuse. The Head, SIP was directed by the Senate to come up with the defaulter policy as soon as possible and ensure that the purview of the SIP was expanded. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/2nd (Spl)/19 Questions & Remarks: It was pointed out that the drinking water quality was not upto mark at various places in the academic area. The Senate directed the President, Students’ Gymkhana to take required actions through relevant administrative authorities. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/1 Confirm the Minutes of the following meetings: i) 2017-18/Joint Meeting ii) 2018-19/2nd Meeting iii) 2018-19/2nd (Special) Meeting The Minutes were accepted with comments to incorporate the changes suggested on the mailing list. Chairperson
The updated minutes have been itemized
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/12 To consider a proposal for bridging gaps between the Students' Gymkhana and the General Body The proposer offered to take charge of the construction of the online portal as mentioned in the proposal with the help of web executives appointed by the President, Students’ Gymkhana. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/13 To consider the proposal to allow students completing graduation requirements early to stay back an extra semester. The proposal was accepted with the above comment. Chairperson
The item has to be taken up in the SUGC.
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/14 To consider the proposal for the establishment of minors in the Department of Economics The Senate accepted the proposal in principle with the actual minors to be decided in consultation with the department. Chairperson
The item is to be taken up in the DUGC of Economics.
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/15 To consider the proposal for the establishment of guidelines for appeals against program termination on academic grounds. The proposal was accepted by the Senate and would be taken forward to be put up on the DOAA website. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/16 To consider a proposal for a change in the eligibility clause for Awards and Scholarships as mentioned in the SSPC Manual The proposal was presented on the floor of the Senate and accepted after due deliberation. The Senate directed the nominee to the SSPC to take it up in the committee. Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/18 To consider a proposal for reforms in SAC operating procedures The proposal was presented on the floor of the Senate and was accepted. The Senate directed the General Secretary, Games and Sports Council to take this matter up on priority. General_Secretary_Games_and_Sports_Council
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/19 To consider abandoning the process of nominations for Hall President and Mess Secretary Concerns were raised on the implementation process of the same and the President, Students’ Gymkhana was directed to ensure the same through the relevant institute functionaries. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/22 To discuss the security issue related to halls. The Senate voiced concern over the lack of transparency in the operating procedure. The President, Students’ Gymkhana informed the Senate that an institute committee is working on revising the security SOP, and once it is completed the revised SOP will be circulated to the entire campus community. Particularly, for the issue of individuals of the opposite gender into halls the President, Students’ Gymkhana was directed to look into the feasibility of installing computers at all hall gates. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/24 To consider Festival Bill Clearance Forms The item was deferred to the Joint Committee for Festival Affairs for its recommendations. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/25 To consider the proposal for initiating a Deferred Placement Program (DPP) The proposal was accepted and the Senate directed the President to take up the matter in the Student Placement Committee. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/26 To consider the proposal to place the National Flag in the campus premises After due deliberations, the Senate considered the area in front of the library as appropriate for placing The National Flag. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd (Spl)/30 To consider the formation of the review committee of the merger of the Films and Media Council and the Cultural Council The Senate constituted a committee to review the merger of the Films and Media Council and the Cultural Council as directed by the Students’ Senate (2016-17). The committee was mandated to review the activities of the merged council and the effects of the merger on the different clubs of the council. The constitution of the committee was as follows: 1. Mr. Prakhar Ji Gupta (Convener) 2. Mr. Animesh Mishra (General Body Member) 3. Mr. Abhimanyu Gupta (General Body Member) 4. Mr. Swapnil Kumar (General Body Member) 5. Mr. Sohil Saifi (Senator, BT/BS Y15) Chairperson
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd/2 Announcements and Remarks: The Finance Convener Students’ Gymkhana 2018-19 remarked about the late cycle auction dates. The President, Students’ Gymkhana was directed to provide a detailed report about the entire process. President
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd/9 To consider the mechanism for increased representation in the Academic Senate. The item was forwarded tot he RPC and a reply is awaited from it. Parliamentarian
-
Action Pending
2018-19/3rd/12 To consider the minutes of the Finance Committee: Antaragni '17 deficit issue. It was decided that the Finance Committee would come up with the updated figures and give a recommendation on the same. Finance_Convener
-
Action Pending